Nursery New Starters
Please find below details about your child’s new journey at St Raphael's Catholic Primary School. Starting school is a big step in any child’s development and we would like to support you the best we can in this new chapter of your child’s life.
Curriculum Meeting: Thursday 6th July 2023 at 9:00am.
Stay and Play with parent session: Thursday 14th September 2023.
All children will start school on a part time basis. This allows staff to get to know each child personally and for children to ease gently into school life. Below are the planned start dates and times for your child:
The School Day
Nursery children come into school, via the Early Years gate located at Hartfield Avenue, onto the Early Years playground. There will always be a member of staff, on the gate to greet you and your child.
(Please ensure your child arrives at school on time). The day will finish at 11.30am.
(pack lunch should be provided by parents/carers).
PM Nursery: 12.00pm – School Gate opens (Please ensure your child arrives at school on time).
(The gate will open at 3.00pm, please ensure you collect your child on time)
- Pupils are expected to come to school looking clean and smart each day.
- Pupils should have a haircut (minimum grade 2) - shaven hair, hair dye, gel and colour in hair are not permitted.
- Pupils may have hair braided/plaited/extended, if it is neat, tidy and tied back.
- Pupils with shoulder length hair or longer should have it tied back.
- Pupils may use hair additional accessories to keep hair out of their faces only - fashion wear and styles are not part of our school uniform.
On health and safety grounds, we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are that pupils may wear small earring studs in pierced ears. We ask the pupils to either remove these objects during PE and games, or cover them with a plaster, to prevent them from causing injury. Watches are permitted in the Junior classes, worn at the pupil’s own risk and only when children can tell the time.