Welcome to the Eco-Council page. Here you will find minutes from our meetings and updates of things that are happening around school.
The job of our Eco Council is to ensure that St. Raphaels is an eco-friendly place.
So far we monitor:
- Best use of school grounds
St Raphael's Eco Code
Minutes from meetings 2018-19
Switch Off Fortnight November 2018
Minutes from meetings 2017-18
Read about the World Water Day competition!
World Water Day Presentation
Congratulations to the Eco Council Team for achieving the Bronze Award!
Here are some ideas to help us to become a more eco-friendly world:
- Get the children involved in sorting and recycling rubbish at home
- Use a garden composter - let the children add the waste and see the resulting compost
- Save energy by switching off electrical items that are not being used. Don't leave TVs on standby
- Encourage everyone to save water e.g. don't let the water run whilst cleaning your teeth
- Walk to and from school whenever possible
- Arrange to car share with another family if you cannot walk